Aktiv Solutions is creating unique spaces in the campus rec industry that feel like drop-in boutique experiences.
But what exactly does that look like and how is the company achieving this? In this episode of the Campus Rec Magazine podcast, Rico Francis, the president and co-founder of Peake Media, sits down with Bryan Green, the founder and CEO of Aktiv Solutions, to chat more about who Aktiv is and how they are impacting the space of campus rec.
They discuss how Green got into the fitness industry and founded Aktiv. Diving deeper, they assess what functional training/fitness really is, the creation of energy epicenters and how Aktiv starts projects with the beginning in mind.
Listen to the episode here:
Show Notes on the Conversation with Aktiv Solutions
- While working through college, Green launched into the fitness industry at 1:49.
- The gap Aktiv was created to fill at 3:58.
- Defining functional training/fitness is trickier than you think — listen to it at 5:20.
- What a lot of Aktiv’s work in the campus rec industry looks like at 6:44.
- Listen at 9:03 to hear Green share how Aktiv engages with campus rec.
- Beginning with the end in mind is how Aktiv starts projects in rec centers.
- The true measure of success in campus rec at 13:35.
- Green shares at 16:07 examples across the country of Aktiv in campus rec.
- Creating “an energy epicenter” means this at 21:17.
- Looking beyond the four walls of a rec center, Green shares on this at 23:33.
- What does the future look like for Aktiv? Find out at 25:01.
- Tune in at 27:05 to hear about the consistent shift Green is seeing at rec centers.
- Learn more at aktivsolutions.com.
The sponsor for this episode is Aktiv Solutions. And be sure to subscribe to the Campus Rec Magazine podcast on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud and Spotify.
At Aktiv, we design the exercise experience. From our suite of engaging digital guided personal or group training products, to our premium line of functional training tools and thoughtfully crafted storage and suspension training systems, our mission is to establish safe, functional and motivating university gyms, health clubs, boutique studios, hotel gyms, corporate fitness centers, multifamily amenities and beyond, while our clients deliver extraordinary exercise experiences.
Aktiv together with Xponential Fitness are bringing energizing boutique studio spaces to universities nationwide. X+ Functional Fitness footprints will modernize your floorplan to include digital guidance, open you space and boost engagement. Create increased variety, excitement and fun factor for your students.