The 2021 Shark Tank of Wellness Student Global Competition during the Global Wellness Summit (GWS), November 15-18, is inviting students to submit their most innovative, impactful ideas for the wellness industry.
Students are invited to submit a Concept Submission Form detailing their idea along with a one-to-two-minute video presentation. Three finalists will be flown, along with their professors, to the annual GWS in Tel Aviv, Israel. Here, they will pitch their business idea to the attending summit delegates — a “who’s who” in the global wellness world. Several business leaders will act as “Wellness Sharks” and ask questions of the students, who will defend their innovations and make a business case for its feasibility.
- The competition is open to both individual students and teams of students over the age of 18 from anywhere in the world. There is no entry fee. If participating as a team and the team is chosen as one of the top three finalists, only the team leader will be eligible to attend the GWS with their professor.
- The participant(s) must be an undergraduate college or university student —working toward a one or two-year diploma, a four-year bachelors degree, or a vocational education and training qualification — or a graduate/postgraduate student — working toward a masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD degree — in a university or college of distinction at the time they develop and submit their concept.
- The participant(s) must be either a full-time or part-time student at the university or college.
- The participant(s) must have a professor or faculty advisor who serves as a mentor for their project.
- All contestants must be available to attend the GWS during November 2021 in Tel Aviv, Israel, to present their idea in person.
Guidelines for Submitting
The Concept Submission Form consists of several questions regarding the wellness idea and its viability, such as:
- Give a general description of your wellness idea.
- Identify and explain your target market and potential customers.
- Identify companies, products or services that compete with your innovation or those that could pose a barrier to entering the marketplace.
- What sets your concept submission apart? How does your innovative idea differentiate from similar products or services already in the marketplace?
- The video should include a presentation of the wellness idea, focusing on why the innovation could positively impact the wellness industry.
- The video must be one to two minutes in length; any videos outside this length will be disqualified.
- Videos must be uploaded to a public platform, such as YouTube, Vimeo or Dailymotion.
- The video must contain only original work and not be subject to any copyright restrictions.
Anyone interested in participating in the competition must register by completing an Entry Form. Only registered contestants will receive the necessary information to complete the submission process.
Submit a Concept Submission Form and video no later than June 30, 2021. The information necessary to submit these items will only be sent to those who register for the competition.
Learn more about the 2021 Shark Tank of Wellness Student Global Competition here.