As campus recreation centers strive to meet rising expectations, the quality and variety of its fitness equipment are critical. For cardio equipment, rec facilities should evaluate their entire inventory, compiling a database of modalities, brands, age of the machines and maintenance history. Asset management tools indicate usage rates, which is also an important statistic.
With this information, fitness facilities can identify units to replace or eliminate, along with any modalities they don’t currently have. Among today’s broad variety, rec centers should include several total-body, zero-impact cardio options.
Why Zero-Impact Cardio?
While treadmills and stationary bikes are gym mainstays, total-body, zero-impact cardio equipment has skyrocketed in popularity because it works the entire body, doesn’t jar the joints and accommodates every level exerciser. The experts in zero-impact cardio machines, Octane Fitness® offers standing and recumbent ellipticals (XT4700/XT3700 and xRide®), a lateral trainer (LateralX®), an incline cross trainer (XT-One™) and the unique Zero Runner®. Consider the multiple benefits of each of these modalities for rec center members and operators:
- Premium, progressive brand recognized as trailblazer: Known for its unprecedented breakthroughs, Octane Fitness continues to revolutionize workouts to fuel motivation and results. Surveys of health club members show that 95% want Octane machines in their facility.
- Something for everyone: Standing ellipticals are the top choice for many exercisers, recumbent ellipticals provide a seated option and the LateralX delivers valuable side-to-side training. The XT-One cross trainer combines an elliptical with a climber for more variety and challenge, and the Zero Runner enables athletes to boost performance without repetitive pounding on their bodies.
- Workout Boosters: Only Octane offers innovative Workout Boosters that integrate interval training and cross training into each session with the touch of a button for greater motivation and results.
- Sleek, compact design: With contemporary lines and colors, the entire Octane line offers modern aesthetics that complement and present a unified, clean look to every facility. And space-efficient footprints make it simple to accommodate more units when configuring a cardio floor layout.
- Entertainment choice: Fitness centers can choose from two console options for all commercial cardio machines.
- The smart console includes a 10” glass capacitive LCD, internet access, web apps, streaming video and music and interactive coaching.
- The standard console incorporates an easy-to-navigate touch-capacitive screen; and both the standard and smart consoles have upgradable firmware, asset management, Bluetooth®/ANT+ compatibility and mobile device charging.
- And for multiple television, movie and entertainment selections, a 15” HD personal viewing screen with integrated controls can be added to either console.
- Personal service: Octane prides itself on partnering with every facility and providing staff training and prompt, efficient service.