Want to gain tips on how to create great fitness video content for students? Learn from the students themselves in the three-part series, “For Students By Students: Virtual Fitness 101.”
Matrix Fitness is bringing together three campus recreation student leaders with experience in creating fitness videos to teach viewers everything from basic filming techniques to advanced marketing and editing tricks.
The panel includes:
- Allyson Schwab of Plymouth State University Campus Recreation
- Liz Kelly of The College of New Jersey
- Ryan Carter Jones of the University of Maryland
- Hayley Robb of Western Kentucky University — Robb is not on the panel but assisted with marketing
“We wanted to make sure we featured all different campus sizes,” said Nick Sweatt, of Matrix Fitness, who helped put the program together. “We have completed weekly conference calls planning the three-part series and devising a plan with our team to provide the best engaging content.”
Sweatt shared that for Matrix, they really hope to provide an opportunity to educate college recreation partners with fitness alternatives during this time. The sessions are as follows:
- Friday, May 1 at 2:30 p.m. EST
- Friday, May 8 at 2:30 p.m. EST
- Friday, May 15 at 2:30 p.m. EST
“The three of us have great experience when it comes to fitness and fitness videos, so instead of having professionals teach this series, Matrix wanted to have students as it will be more personal and relatable,” said Schwab, a fitness intern for Plymouth State University Campus Recreation. “All three of us will be in each of the three videos speaking on our different fitness videoing areas of expertise.”
To view the free series, tune in with Zoom at this link.