A selection of quotes can inspire in many different ways. Katie White has been inspired by her fair share of quotes and she offers up a list here in hopes to motivate and encourage positive mindset.
Could we all use a little dose of inspiration as we come up with novel ways to offer our programs and services with COVID-19 safety precautions in place?
Have you found yourself missing the primary source of passion for the job — the students — while we are working from home? Maybe your budgets are getting cut and difficult decisions are being made over an impersonal virtual meeting.
To avoid dragging on the dreariness any longer, my point is we could probably all use a pep talk, right? New York Times bestselling author, Hoda Kotb, recently released a book titled, This Just Speaks to Me: Words to Live by Every Day. The book is full of quotes to offer inspiration, perspective and hope. “This book recognizes the struggles we have all endured this year. Yeah, there’s been a lot of rough times, but ultimately, this book is uplifting,” said Kotb on the Today Show.
There are numerous science-based health benefits of positive thinking such as lower rates of depression, strengthened immune system and better coping skills during hardships and times of stress. As we enter a holiday season for many, this time of year is often acknowledged with 30-day gratefulness challenges and other ways to focus on positivity, growth and gratitude. Combine that with the COVID-19 pandemic and now seems like a perfect time to refamiliarize ourselves with some uplifting words we’ve perhaps stockpiled away in various notepads, highlighted in books and posted on our office corkboards. Reading quotes can get us thinking creatively, critically, strategically or, best of all, positively.
Hopefully this selection of quotes can remind you about what you already know, or aspire to be, and trigger something within you to get back on track:
- “You never know how well you can swim until you are in over your head.” — John C. Maxwell
- “The life you live is the lesson you teach.” — Unknown
- “When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.” — Audre Lorde
- “The measure of success is succession. Instead of making a difference for people, make a difference with them.” — John C. Maxwell
- “If we study average, we become average.” — Shawn Anchor
- “Strategic leadership means acting decisively in the face of uncertainty.” — R. Hughes and K. Beatty
- “We need not someone to show us the ropes, rather we need tools and encouragement to find our own unprecedented way forward.” — Tara Mohr
- “I am successful to the degree that who I am and what I live are in alignment.” — Susan Scott
- “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too.” — Paulo Coelho
- “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do and liking how you do it.” — Maya Angelou
- “Wisdom enters through the wound.” — Unknown
What are some of your favorite quotes? I’d love to hear them!