Images courtesy of University of Minnesota.
University of Minnesota — Twin Cities
Our mission is to serve all students and the greater university community by enriching the campus experience and encouraging lifelong wellbeing. We are driven to develop leaders, foster supportive relationships, and inspire active living through recreation and wellness.
Enriching the campus experience and encouraging lifelong wellbeing.
Recreation and Wellness (RecWell) takes pride in its quality facilities and exceptional service. With a variety of different wellness facilities on the campuses of Minneapolis and St. Paul, RecWell serves over 1.5 million patrons per year and hosts hundreds of events for the University of Minnesota and the community.
- 660,000 square feet of open recreation space
- 26,280 square feet of strength training space
- 320 cardio machines
- 18,387 square feet of cardio space
- 33-foot high climbing walls
- 5 gymnasiums
- 5 swimming pools
- 3 running tracks
- 12 basketball courts
- 18 racquetball/handball courts
- 11 squash courts
- 12 volleyball courts
- 5 badminton courts
- 3 table tennis tables
- 10 group exercise rooms
- 8 locker rooms
- 9 changing rooms
- 5 lounge areas
With a number of program areas there is something for everyone at RecWell. Our programs include Fitness & Wellness, Intramurals, Sport Clubs, Outdoor Adventures, Aquatics, Court Sports (Handball, Racquetball, and Squash), Les Bolstad Golf Course, and Youth Programs.
- 13,650 intramural players / 1250 intramural sports teams
- 115 group fitness classes weekly
- 70 outdoor trips per year (from Minneapolis to China and Iceland)
- 27 sport club teams — 1,400 members
- 25,600 rounds of golf per year
- 217 week long youth summer camp sessions / 2,900 campers
- 790+ student employees — largest student employer on campus
- 65 professional staff members
- RecWell gives over $1.8 million back to students in wages
- Have hosted a number of National Swim Meets that have included future Olympians
- 2015 NIRSA Outstanding Sports Facility
- Number NIRSA Creative Excellence Awards — 2016 most recent