Boston College’s Campus Recreation (BC Rec) cultivates life-long health and active lifestyle experiences. We honor the Jesuit Catholic commitment to the formation of the whole person through diverse programming in a safe, fun environment.
BC Rec operates two facilities. Our main facility is the Flynn Recreation Complex (Plex). The Plex houses:
- Eight lane, 25-yard pool
- Hot tub and saunas
- Dive well (one to three meter boards)
- Indoor track
- 15,000 square foot fitness center, which features free weights, treadmills, TRX, stair masters, stationary bikes, Life Fitness Synergy equipment, and more
- Racquetball and squash courts
- Four indoor and six outdoor tennis courts
- Dedicated spin room and three multipurpose rooms
- Two NCAA regulation-sized hardwood basketball courts and three synthetic courts for basketball, volleyball, or badminton
- Outdoor patio open during the summer
We also operate an annex location, the Quonset Hut. The Hut features cardio and weight equipment, open rec areas for basketball and table tennis, as well as free weekly group fitness classes. Our facilities serve Boston College’s approximately 14,125 students (9,153 undergraduate).
BC Rec offers a wide variety of recreational programs, including: group fitness classes, personal training, aquatics, American Red Cross certification courses, outdoor adventures, intramurals, club sports, tennis, dance, jiu-jitsu, and youth programs.
- Last year, our facilities had 11,852 unique visits and 533,736 total visits.
- BC Rec offers nearly 100 free group fitness classes weekly.
- BC Rec has 26 Club Sports teams.
- Last year, our Intramural sports had 3,954 unique participants and 9,938 total participants.
- BC Rec runs a summer day camp for youth.
- Over 300 students are employed by Campus Recreation.