Southern New Hampshire University’s (SNHU) esports arena opened October 8, 2021.
SNHU launched its competitive esports program — the first in the state of New Hampshire — in 2018. The opening of the arena had been scheduled for March 2020, but was delayed by the pandemic.
The SNHU esports arena is equipped with broadcasting and streaming capabilities and 18 high-end gaming PC’s. Esports players will be able to hone their gaming skills and compete against varsity-level opponents across both the U.S. and Canada.
The grand opening schedule was as follows:
- 4:30 p.m. Welcome/ribbon cutting
- 5 p.m. Live gaming demonstrations and Q&A
- 6 p.m. Live Overwatch Match: SNHU vs. Molloy College
First, are you curious what other universities and colleges are doing for their esports arenas? If you are, then check out some other stories below:
- The Southern Oregon University Esports Hub
- High Point University’s Miriam and Steve Kimsey Game and Interactive Media Lab
- Old Dominion University Intramural Sports and Esports
Secondly, do you want to build your own esports facility? If so, then watch this webinar, Considerations When Planning an Esports Facility. From it, get all the ins and outs of what it takes.
Finally, for any other esports advice and helpful article, visit this link to find more resources to help your program thrive.