University of Alabama
University Recreation serves students and the greater University of Alabama community by providing opportunities to foster health and well-being, learning, leadership and inclusion.
The Student Recreation Center was completed in July 2004 and cost $17.9 million. The center includes 17,000 square feet of weight room and cardio space with 114 cardio machines and 100 strength-training machines, group exercise studios, a spin studio and personal training studio. Facilities also include a 75,000 square foot Aquatic Center and Outdoor Recreation Complex.
- Sport Clubs had 1098 unique individual students in 34 clubs.
- Intramural Sports had 5,796 participants on 433 teams, 979 games, 7 sports and 1 tournament
- Personal Training had 8,512 separate personal and small group training appointments scheduled by 30 personal trainers.
- Offering 100 classes per week, with an estimated 63,000 participants and 50 instructors.
- Across four facilities (Student Recreation Center, Student Activity Center at Presidential Village, Aquatic Center and Outdoor Pool Complex) we had 900,266 swipes in the 2014-2015 academic year.