Saint Mary’s College of California
Campus Recreation strives to meet the dynamic needs and interests of students by providing programs and services that promote positive physical and mental health, encourage lifetime interest in active, healthy lifestyles and provide student leadership opportunities that complement the academic experience. We promote an environment that values, embraces and enriches individual differences by providing students with programs that reflect the diversity of Saint Mary’s College of California.
- 60,000-square-foot recreation facility
- 13,800-square-foot fitness area with state-of-the-art equipment
- Double gymnasium and single gymnasium (basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer and badminton)
- Functional training room
- Group exercise room
- Spin room
- Swimming pool
- Hydrotherapy spa
- Day-use locker room
- Vertical climbing wall
- Central location of club sports and intramural sports
- Multiple fitness sessions offered to students including; Spin, Pilates, Yoga, Fitness 101, Gael Playground, Meditations, Intro to Weights and much more!
- Semesterly Outdoor Adventure Trips (Hiking, Kayaking, Horseback Riding and more!)
- Various indoor and outdoor Intramural leagues offered to all students.
- Highly regarded Club Sport program which encompasses 14 teams including; Men’s and Women’s Rugby, Men’s and Women’s Soccer, Men’s and Women’s Lacrosse, Men’s and Women’s Volleyball, Men’s and Women’s Water Polo, Cycling, Tennis, and Men’s Crew.
- The aquatic area encompasses a large NCAA competitive sized pool as well as a hydrotherapy spa.
- The Joseph L Alioto Recreation Center employs over 200 student staff members .and provides various leadership development opportunities for students.
- The facility is 60,000 square feet, which is approx. 20 square feet per student.
- The Men’s Rugby team is the current National Champions of the D1A Rugby Conference.